Newcomer Youth Settlement and Integration Program
The program provides a 7 week program for newcomer youth between the ages of 18 and 25 for this session. For the second session starting in September the ages will be a little different.
The program provides career development and integration workshops for newcomer youth.
To qualify candidates must:
– Qualify as newcomers (in Canada for 3 years or less)
– Be between the ages of 18 – 25
– Not be employed full-time
– Not be in full-time school
– Be a Permanent Resident or Convention Refugee
– Identify personality traits, temperaments
– Develop interpersonal relationship
– Understand Canadian Cultural nuances
– What you need to succeed in school or at work
– Essential skills- team work, math, computer, problem solving and communication
– Get help with homework
– Hear from experts and ask questions that are important to you about adjusting to life in Canada
– Participate in event planning of community cultural festival
– Intergenerational open-mic
The program will be for seven weeks and will be from 9:00am to 3:00pm, Monday to Friday. We are accepting 15 participants in this session.
Join other youth at PCPI, sign up at 416 439 8448 Ext. 234
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn and make new friends! Click here to register now.
You can also reegister on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/newcomer-youth-settlement-integration-program-tickets-48002579006