PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Embroidery Machine Operator & Warehouse Assistant
(Embroidery Machine Training will be provided if no prior experience)
Location of work: Markham
Job Description: As the Embroidery Machine Operator & Warehouse Assistant you will be responsible for operating an embroidery machine and maintaining supplies for its operation, as well as providing best-in-class logistical support including shipping, receiving, and cost control and warehouse layout efficiency.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Full time permanent position
Number of positions: 1
Employment Conditions: Indoors with rarely having medium noise levels.
Description of employer: Our client is a Canadian organization which is an international award winning, innovative, and reliable supplier of promotional products, incentive programs, print, POP, fulfillment, and e-store solutions. They provide promotional solutions for industry leading, progressive brand-oriented companies with results that are measured against strategic sales, marketing, and HR objectives. An equal opportunity employer committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Analyzing and understanding project specifications and clients’ needs before starting each embroidery project
• Machine set-up, including selecting the thread, fabric, hoops, and designs appropriate to each project
• Carefully reading instructional manuals to ensure smooth troubleshooting and repair processes are followed
• Performing regular machine and inventory inspections and reporting any issues and reordering stock as required
• Providing suggestions regarding the design, placement, and fabric and thread selection
• Drawing guides or pinning tissue paper patterns onto fabric
• Keeping track of work orders and updating records
• Communicating with internal clients and ensuring that all orders are completed in a timely manner
• Shipping/receiving goods to/from the warehouse
• Providing quotes and rates for shipping and warehouse items
• Picking & packing orders
• Ensuring quality control by reviewing orders picked/packed by other staff
• Arranging trucking or transportation of product
• Maintaining a safe and efficient warehouse
• Assisting in maintaining inventory control
• Assisting in maintaining cost control on all inbound and outbound shipments
• Internal QA review upon receipt of shipment
• Notifying production staff of any picking and/or shipment issues in a timely manner
• Organizing and shelve stock as it arrives
• Assisting in maintaining inventory of warehouse supplies within budget constraints
• Ensuring all documentation related to customs clearance/shipping for merchandise and cargo is legible, complete, accurate and protected from unauthorized changes, data loss or introduction of incorrect information
• Customer/courier liaison for shipments
• Warehouse upkeep
• Any other duties assigned by manager
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following without exception:
• Secondary School Diploma;
• One year of related work experience preferred;
• Completion of a course in Design or similar, an asset;
• Experience as an Embroidery Machine Operator or similar;
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• The ability to read and understand instructional manuals;
• Works well in a collaborative team environment;
• Ability to multi-task managing many projects with accuracy, each with critical timelines in a fast-paced environment;
• MS outlook, word, excel, and internet skills;
• Comfort learning and using technology and shipping & inventory software.
Other Perks: Dog-friendly work environment, monthly wellness benefit, paid birthday day off, group health benefits, paid sick days for full-time employees, reimbursement of eligible tuition/education fees, internal job posting program with employee referral bonus.
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to email@example.com by February 15th, 2021.
• Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
• Applications from agencies are not accepted.