PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: General Associate:
Location of work: Markham, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Mississauga, Waterloo, Ottawa
Job Description: Reporting to the Cashier Department Head (or his/her delegates), the General Associate is responsible for providing good service to our customers by building rapport, fulfilling their requests and providing fast and accurate checkout and packing service.
Compensation: $ TBD
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: 30 to 40 hours
(Company – provides staff purchase discount, discounted staff meals, paid annual leave, sick leave, marriage leave and bereavement leave. Life and AD&D insurance coverage.)
Number of positions: 1
Employment Conditions: Indoors – Able to work in cold (around 10°) environment.
Description of employer: The Employer is established and a well reputed Supermarket chain with 27 stores across the country with nine stores in Ontario, (seven in GTA, one in Ottawa, one in Waterloo)
Responsibilities: This includes the following but not limited to:
• Greet customers by providing good customer service with a smile
• Replenish supplies
• Cashier training is a must
• Bag/delivery merchandise
• Price Check
• Hang up promotional signage
• Assist receivers
• Collect shopping carts/baskets
• Duties as otherwise assigned
Job Requirements – All applicants must meet the following without exception:
• This position requires that you are available to work weekdays, weekends, and statutory holidays
• Interpersonal skills
• High adaptability
• Reliable and hardworking; friendly and have a passion to serve our customers
• Interested to develop his/her career in the supermarket industry
• Be prepared to handle meat products and lifting of products of 40 pounds on a regular basis
• Proficient in Mandarin or Cantonese can be an asset
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to email@example.com by November 20th, 2020.
• Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
• Applications from agencies are not accepted.