JOB POSTING – Mill Assembly Worker
PCPI through funding from the Federal Government, support job seekers with job search and connections employment opportunities. PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Mill Assembly Worker
Location of work: Toronto
Job Description: Reporting to the Mill Lead Hand, the Mill Assembly Worker will assist mill operators in operating mill equipment, tools and is responsible to perform a variety of tasks as outlined below.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Full time permanent position
(Company-sponsored group benefits including extended health, dental, AD&D and life insurance upon successful completion of three months service. The employees do not pay any premiums for the coverage.)
Number of positions: 1
Employment Conditions: Indoors/Outdoors with frequent medium to high noise levels
Description of employer: A Canadian designer and manufacturer of quality products and creative retail solutions for world class brands, located in Toronto
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Reading production orders and drawings
• Assembling wood products using hand and power tools and mill machinery
• Inspecting wood products to ensure conformance to quality standards
• Working in accordance with all company and legal safety requirements
• Ascertain that all safety rules and regulations are followed in a complete and appropriate manner.
• Working with other staff members to create a positive environment
• Ensuring that every skid has a tag and a destination
• Keeping all areas clean, clear of empty skids and waste product
• Making sure all workstations are cleared every night
• Recording correct job and time allocation
• Any other duties assigned by manager
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following without exception:
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team
• Must have good work ethics
• The ability to learn how to use, repair and maintain machines and tools with proper direction/guidance
• Able to pay attention to detail
• Able to use your initiative
• Able to work well with your hands
• Able to analyze quality or performance
• Excellent communication Skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to react quickly to reach deadlines
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 16th, 2020.
• Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
• Applications from agencies are not accepted.