PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Seafood Associate:
Location of work: Markham, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Mississauga, Waterloo, Ottawa
Job Description: Reporting to the shift supervisor, the Seafood Associate plays a key role in cutting, packing, displaying, selling as well as maintaining inventory and quality of seafood products. Being courteous to customer enquiries, ensuring customer needs are met in a timely manner.
Compensation: $ TBD
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: 30 to 40 hours
(Company – provides staff purchase discount, discounted staff meals, paid annual leave, sick leave, marriage leave and bereavement leave. Life and AD&D insurance coverage.)
Number of positions: 1
Employment Conditions: Indoors – Able to work in cold (around 10°) environment.
Description of employer: The Employer is established and a well reputed Supermarket chain with 27 stores across the country with nine stores in Ontario, (seven in GTA, one in Ottawa, one in Waterloo).
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Processing and production of food products
• Complete the tasks assigned by the team leader based on the product orders
• Prepare, package, weigh, and price seafood products for sale.
• Trim and bone fish and crack shellfish upon request.
• Ensure all cases and shelves are clean and well-stocked.
• Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation of product.
• Maintain accurate signage and pricing.
• Receive, unload, and put away product delivery.
• Follow department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product.
• Follow and comply with established procedures, including weights and measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
• Duties as otherwise assigned
Job Requirements – All applicants must meet the following without exception:
• This position requires that you are available to work weekdays and weekends 10am to 7pm
• Interpersonal skills
• High adaptability
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 20th, 2020.
• Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
• Applications from agencies are not accepted.