Name of Position: Tool and Die Maker – Trainee
Location of work: Scarborough
Job Description: This position reports to the Owner/Manager. You will be trained to produce precision tools like jigs, dies, and machined re-engineered parts that are used in the manufacturing industries. You will work with metals, alloys, and composite materials, known as ‘stocks’ or castings. Your day-to-day tasks will include cutting, machining using a combination of lathes, mills, grinding and cutting machines.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Permanent (Full Time)
Number of positions: 1
Employment Conditions: Indoors, frequent medium noise levels
Description of employer: The employer is a Tool and Die shop that has been operating for more than fifteen years in Scarborough.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Use of various equipment/tools to create and repair tooling, including, but not limited to, grinders, welding equipment, machining equipment such as mills and lathes.
• Carry out basic machine maintenance
• Working with 2D and 3D computer-aided design and manufacturing software (CAD/CAM)
• Marking out tool designs on a ‘stock’ or casting following engineering plans
• Cutting and shaping metals with lathe and milling machines
• Entering settings into computer-controlled machines (CNC)
• Checking dimensions with measuring instruments like micrometers and Vernier calipers
• Advises Tool Room Manager changes required to improve tool performance.
• Any other duties assigned by manager
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following without exception:
• Ability to learn how to use, repair and maintain machines and tools with proper direction/guidance
• Knowledge of engineering science and technology would be an asset
• Design skills and knowledge would be an asset
• Able to pay attention and to work well with your hands
• Willing to learn to use a computer and the main software packages competently
• Excellent communication Skills, both verbal and written
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to email@example.com by July 21st, 2020.
• Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
• Applications from agencies are not accepted.