PCPI is a not for profit organization that provides employment related services to a diverse population of individuals and businesses to reach their full potential. The organization is also the proud creator and presenter of the IEP Conference, a unique forum for internationally educated professionals now in its fourteen year. Our organization’s success in delivering quality service is based on a business-like approach, supported by knowledgeable caring staff, user-friendly resources, and innovative programming.
We are seeking a Job Developer/Facilitator to provide job development for a diverse client base of job seekers across a range of employment sectors.
The position will also work with employers who require assistance with recruiting, hiring and training needs through incentives and supports. Further, the incumbent will provide ongoing support in job retention, mentoring, coaching and mediation to ensure successful outcome for placements and employment. Additionally, the incumbent will network and liaise with employers and community professionals to identify placements and competitive employment opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of the labour market, experience in facilitation and negotiation, a large network of businesses and community service provider contacts in the Toronto region.
The key responsibilities include;
• Conducting outreach to employers to identify employment, placement and partnership opportunities and to promote the services and products of the organization.
• Establishing a network of contacts and maintaining a database of employers and job leads and building a trusting relationship with the network of contacts in order to address skills gaps in the workforce.
• Working as part of a team to develop a communication plan to increase employers awareness of the project and organization’s service and as well develop strategies to tap into the hidden job market
• Assessing employers eligibility to participate in government incentive programs and their capacity to provide a positive workplace experience and training opportunities
• Supporting employers with developing training plans for placements and negotiate incentive for placements and or training
• Assisting employers in identifying the skills and competencies required to perform the tasks of the job and match the competencies with appropriate referrals
• Negotiating placement durations and incentives with employers as where appropriate as well as work with management on financial supports for eligible job seekers
• Conducting, placement monitoring and providing coaching and mediation in resolving on the job issues that may impact placement/employment outcomes
• Developing a network of mentors to provide mentoring support for participants during and after placement
• Providing placement recommendations and rationale in a timely manner to ensure contracts with employers are completed prior to placement
• Providing case management for client referred to placement/employment by documenting their progress, completing follow-ups, providing timely feedbacks on client placement status to referring sources to ensure that all case management activities are up-to-date
• Supporting employers in identifying and resolving workplace issues to ensure that their workforce goals are met
• Promoting the organization’s services in the community and identifying business development opportunities to help the organization grow
• Ensuring that employers’’ application, including recommendation rationale are completed without error and presented for contract approval in a timely manner in order to expedite timely processing of claims/payments
• Maintaining accurate and timely input in internal and designated project data systems and ensure client and employer survey are completed in order to gauge satisfaction and help with service improvements.
• Designing experiential workshops utilizing the Adult Education model that addresses various learning styles and also ensure workshops address gaps in the labour market.
• Facilitating employment and social skills workshops to clients ensuring that workshop atmosphere is conducive to learning and sharing while empowering attendees to reach their career and employment goal. As well, facilitate information sessions to clients and employers, as needed.
• Assisting with promotion and scheduling of clients for workshops, as well as generating reminder for them to attend scheduled sessions.in order to ensure workshop capacity is met in compliance with contractual targets.
Summary of qualification
• A university degree in Business, Sociology, Sales & Marketing and/or Humanities, plus a minimum of two years’ experience in one or more of these areas: sales and marketing, human resources and business protocols, and job developing, Experience in the voluntary sector is an added value
• Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering presentations and facilitating workshops
• Ability to work independently as well as being part of a team
• Demonstrated organizational, planning and time management skills is a must
• Working knowledge of local and national labour market
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse client groups
• Strong communication skills- verbal and written
• Knowledge of community resources and have a network of business contacts across the GTA
• Flexible to work some evenings and weekends as necessary
• Able to develop and execute initiatives with minimal supervision
• Able to problem solve and manage issues that could potentially impact the organization’s reputation
• Strong work ethics that complement the business standards of the organization
• Working knowledge of MS Windows environment and database and spreadsheets
If this sounds like the opportunity for you to demonstrate how your skills match with the requirements of the job and help contribute to the growth of our organization, then we want to hear from you.
We offer a competitive benefits package.
Please submit your interest in a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, by August 17th 2021
In keeping with our commitment to diversity and cultural intelligence, we encourage applications from persons of all races, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those whose skills match with the required competencies will be invited for an interview. Sorry, no telephone enquiries please.
Please note: The position will be working remotely, temporarily, and once in the physical location will require access to a vehicle.