PCPI is a not for profit organization that provides employment related services to a diverse population and businesses to reach their full potential. The organization is also the proud creator and presenter of the IEP Conference, a unique forum for internationally educated professionals. Our organization’s success in delivering quality service is based on a business-like approach, supported by knowledgeable caring staff, user-friendly resources, and innovative programming.
We are seeking a dynamic sales and marketing oriented individual with strong communication skills to fill the role of Workforce Developer/Recruiter in our organization.
The position of Workforce Developer/Recruiter is accountable for studying the organizations projects’ plans and objectives and meeting regularly with the team to discuss and develop strategies for supporting our clients in their job search and connecting them with employers. The incumbent will be the principal point of contact between our job-seeking clients and employers seeking to staff their business.
The incumbent will work collaboratively with our Project Managers to execute an outreach plan and accountable for building community and business partnerships, sourcing and creating a database of employers through research, hosting and attending job fairs, social media networking, and participating in community associations, etc. in addition, the incumbent will research and identify businesses with hiring needs, and support them in designing job postings as needed, sourcing candidates from PCPI client databases and or through social media, screening clients. The position will work closely with job seeking clients to coach and prepare them to fill employment opportunities.
In addition the incumbent will be responsible for developing and presenting seminars on labour market trends and HR solutions to address skills gaps and for establishing a network of contacts and maintaining rapport with them.
A key responsibility of the Workforce Developer/Recruiter role is to promote the organization and ensure that services are in accordance with PCPI service delivery contracts.
Further, the incumbent will develop and maintain a client base of jobseekers t and employer and work with them on a one-on-one basis to build trust and to address their employment related needs. Working as part of a team, the incumbent will promote the organization and ensure that services are in accordance with PCPI projects’ agreements for service delivery.
The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written skills, knowledge on national and regional labour market, and a large network of business contacts in the Greater Toronto Region and is a savvy negotiator.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Developing outreach strategies for connecting with employers, such as promotions, sponsored hiring events, seminars on HR solutions, etc.
• Establishing a client base of jobs seekers and working with them to prepare and matching them with employment opportunities.
• Researching and identifying businesses with hiring needs and arranging meeting to assess their HR needs
• Reaching out to businesses/employers through cold calling and referrals to source employment/placement opportunities for our clients
• Establishing and maintaining a database of job leads, business contacts, and develop a rapport and build a trusting relationship with them through regular follow-ups and promotional events in order to generate job leads and employment opportunities
• Identifying new client referral sources and conducting follow up to establish rapport and assess their needs
• Participating in continuing outreach and planning evaluation activities inclusive of ongoing competitive analysis, and employers’ needs
• Maintaining current knowledge of Government program guidelines and funding regulations
• Establishing a detailed schedule for employers’ and clients’ appointments that include action, next steps and outcome
• Developing and presenting seminars to promote the organization services, address job search strategies for job seekers, HR solutions and tips for employers
• Achieving agreed upon employment targets and outcomes within schedule
• Working as part of a team to develop a communication plan to disseminate information across the organization teams.
• Assessing employers eligibility to participate in Government funded programs and their capacity to provide a positive workplace experience and training opportunities for our clients
• Assisting employers in identifying the skills and competencies required to perform the tasks of the job and match the competencies with appropriate referrals
• Supporting employers with developing training plans for placements and negotiating with them placements and or training financial incentive as well as, whereby applicable establishing an agreement between the businesses and PCPI for client placement/employment
• Conducting, employment monitoring for new hires and expediting the resolution of employer and or client problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
• Developing a network of mentors to provide mentoring support for participants during and after employment/placement
• Completing employer and client follow-ups, providing timely feedbacks on placement status etc. to ensure that case management activities are up-to-date
• Maintaining accurate and timely case documentation in internal systems (e.g. case files, databases, POES) and manage monitoring process through follow-ups, surveys and outcomes
• Supplying management with reports on employment/industry trends, employers’ and clients’ needs, problems, interests, placement recommendations and rationale in a timely manner
• Other general duties as required
Summary of requirements and qualification
• A university degree in Business, Sales & Marketing and/or Human Resource, plus a minimum of two years’ experience in one or more of these areas: sales and marketing, human resources and business protocols, and or recruitment
• Demonstrated experience in developing and presenting seminars and/or workshops
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
• Demonstrated organizational, planning and time management skills is a must
• Working knowledge of regional and national labour market
• Experience working with diverse client groups
• Strong communication skills – oral and written
• Knowledge of community resources
• A network of business contacts across the GTA is a plus
• Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as necessary
• Able to develop and execute work plans with minimal supervision
• Able to problem solve and manage issues that could potentially impact the organization’s reputation
• Strong work ethics that complement the organization’s business standards
• Experience working with MS Windows environment and database and Excel spreadsheet
Please note: A vehicle required for this job
If this sounds like an opportunity for you to apply your education, skills and experience to this position and to an organization that is progressive with growth opportunity, then we want to hear from you.
PCPI offers a competitive benefits package.
Please submit your interest in a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, by November 6, 2020. All responses to this job posting must be submitted by email, no telephone enquiries please.
In keeping with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we encourage qualified applicants from all race, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those whose education, skills and experience match with the required qualification and requirements will be invited for an interview.