PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Mill Assembly Worker
Location of work: Toronto
Job Description: Reporting to the Mill Lead Hand, the Mill Assembly Worker will assist mill operators in operating mill equipment, tools and is responsible to perform a variety of tasks as outlined below.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Full time permanent position
(Company-sponsored group benefits including extended health, dental, AD&D and life insurance upon successful completion of three months service. The employees do not pay any premiums for the coverage.)
Number of positions: 1
Employment Conditions: Indoors with rarely having medium noise levels
Description of employer A Canadian designer and manufacturer of quality products and creative retail solutions for world class brands, located in Toronto
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Reading production orders and drawings
• Assembling wood products using hand and power tools and mill machinery
• Inspecting wood products to ensure conformance to quality standards
• Working in accordance with all company and legal safety requirements
• Ascertain that all safety rules and regulations are followed in a complete and appropriate manner.
• Working with other staff members to create a positive environment
• Ensuring that every skid has a tag and a destination
• Keeping all areas clean, clear of empty skids and waste product
• Making sure all workstations are cleared every night
• Recording correct job and time allocation
• Any other duties assigned by manager
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following without exception:
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team
• Must have good work ethics
• The ability to learn how to use, repair and maintain machines and tools with proper direction/guidance
• Able to pay attention to detail
• Able to use your initiative
• Able to work well with your hands
• Able to analyze quality or performance
• Excellent communication Skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to react quickly to reach deadlines
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st, 2021.
• Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
• Applications from agencies are not accepted.