PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Registered Practical Nurse – RPN
Location of work: Stouffville
Job Description: This is a full-time registered practical nurse position that will be responsible for resident care under the supervision of the Medical director.
Terms of Employment: Full time
Number of positions: 1-2
Description of employer: This position is a private, residential, mental health and addiction treatment centre located in the rolling, wooded acres of Stouffville, Ontario; just north of Toronto. Our primary focus is alcohol, prescription and recreational drug addiction; and mental health issues including anxiety, depression and personality disorders located in Stouffville.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Practice according to the standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Follow facility policy and procedures
• Able to perform nursing assessments with confidence and accuracy
• Assess the physical, emotional and psychological well-being of patients through observation and identify modifications which may be require
• Complete new admission procedures including initial assessment, analyze/record urine drug screen
• Detailed assessment skills with documentation and reporting of all symptoms and changes observed by a patient’s condition.
• Dispense and administer medications and treatments following orders by a licensed physician
• Graduate of a recognized program for Registered Practical Nurses
• Registered Practical Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Minimum one year of nursing experience
• Experience in an Addiction and/or Mental health treatment setting
• Prior Clinical mental health experience and knowledge of addictions
• Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong multitasking skills and ability to work independently and as a team
• Ability to work varied shifts – Days, Evening, Nights, Weekends and Holidays
• Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
• Valid Driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle
• Up to date on immunizations, CPR/First Aid certification;
• A successful Vulnerable Sector Check, as per agency policy and procedures
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to email@example.com by April 08, 2021