PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking for following positions.
Position Title: Restaurant Associate / General Help
Number of Positions: 50
Location of work: Scarborough, ON
Job Description: You will be responsible to prepare, present and serve meals, ensuring the quality of the food and overall presentation. Previous food service experience in healthcare, hotel, restaurant or fast food is considered an asset.
Anticipated Start Date: These positions are seasonal. With onboarding at the end of Spring. Selected candidates may expect to start in May or June and are expected to go through to the Fall. Employer will provide onboarding and training.
Terms of Employment: Full Time – Seasonal
Employment Conditions: You will be working in a restaurant/food serving environment – indoor/outdoor.
Description of employer: Over past several years this employer has built solid a reputation in providing excellence in entertainment, fun and education to thousands of its visitors each year in areas of wild life, animals care and conservation science.
Job Responsibilities: These include the followings but not limited to:
• Perform prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables.
• Carry pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards.
• Store food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
• Set up items for purchase on daily basis.
• Perform general cleaning duties; remove trash and garbage to designated areas.
• Distribute supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
• Utilize approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control. Notify cooks if food temperatures are not within acceptable limits.
• Serve customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
• Resolve customer concerns and relays relevant information to supervisor.
• Assure compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements.
• Provide service in all retail areas, including cashiering and line serving.
• FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
• Familiar with the use of a cash register is an asset.
• Strong time management and organizational skills to be able to manage heavy workload.
• Ability to work both independently and in team setting as required.
• Good command of English language, both verbal and written and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Previous food service experience in healthcare, hotel, coffee and ice cream shop, restaurant or fast food is considered an asset.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to email@example.com
• Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted
• Applications from agencies will not be accepted