PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Backend Engineer (Developer)
Location of work: Markham, ON
Compensation: $55 -75 K per year plus benefits
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Terms of Employment: Full Time/ 8 hrs a day. Work remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19
Number of positions: 1
Employment Conditions: Indoors/ Office environment
Description of employer: One of the leading digital media companies offering services in email marketing, video marketing, content design and SEO.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• To act as a core contributing team member that is able to take part in architecture decisions and also solve challenging technical problems in a scalable manner.
• Focus on Express+TypeScript product backends, also to work on frontend React applications and internal microservices.
• Experience with MERN stack framework, a strong understanding and corresponding experience building enterprise-level software products (preferably customer-facing).
• To contribute code daily to the project, perform code review (via Pull-Requests), and communicate directly with the product team
• Develop technical and business requirements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following:
• NoSQL and Document Stores (MongoDB)
• Node.JS (Express JS)
• Object-oriented programming
• Experience Building Web Applications (SaaS)
• Good technical foundation with ability to pick up new skills and adapt quickly
• Desire to learn new technologies while supporting existing codebases
• Strong Agile Fundamentals
• Bonus if you know: AWS, REST API Design, System Architecture Design, C++, Python
• Min 2 years of experience
• Agile Fundamentals: 3 years (Preferred)
• Node.JS (Express JS): 3 years (Preferred)
• NoSQL and Document Stores (MongoDB): 3 years (Preferred)
• Object-oriented programming: 3 years (Preferred)
• TypeScript: 3 years (Preferred)
• REST API Design: 3 years (Preferred)
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2021
• Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted
• Applications from agencies will not be accepted