PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Butcher / Warehouse Helper
Location of work: Scarborough
Job Description: Reporting to the shift supervisor, you will be responsible for cutting, grinding, preparing, packing meats for delivery, and displaying all meats. and selling merchandise as well as maintaining inventory and performing quality inspections of meats and other merchandise. Coordinating deliveries and order pick-ups. Delivering fast and accurate service as well as providing courteous support in customer enquiry.
Compensation: $ TBD
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Full time permanent position / Monday to Friday
(30 to 40 hours weekly)
Number of positions: 1
Employment Conditions: Indoors – Able to work in cold (around 10°) environment.
Description of employer: The Employer is an established and reputable restaurant which was founded in 1999 and provides service all over the GTA.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Processing and production of food products
• Negotiating and confirming orders with suppliers, and receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery.
• Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls.
• Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
• Organizing and keeping the warehouse clean.
• Complete the tasks assigned by the team leader based on the product orders
• Enjoy tasks related to food processing
• Ensure the quality of the work
• Duties as otherwise assigned
Job Requirements – All applicants must meet the following without exception:
• This position requires that you be available Monday to Friday
• Interpersonal skills
• High adaptability
• Good communication skills
• Should be able to work with a band saw, knife/butcher knife.
• Follow directions.
• Ability to use hand tools, stand or walk for extending periods, lift heavy items, and work in cold environments.
• Driver’s License
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to email@example.com
• This posting expires on October 8th, 2021.
• Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
• Applications from agencies are not accepted.