PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Hair Stylist Assistant
Location of work: Scarborough
Job Description: The position requires a dynamic individual who is obsessed with high quality customer service. As the hair stylist assistant you will be working directly under the hairstylist.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Full time permanent position
Number of positions: 1
Employment Conditions: Indoors
Description of employer: The Employer is an established and well reputed Hair Salon which was founded in 2003.
Responsibilities: This includes the following but not limited to:
• Greet and welcome incoming clients and direct them to various parts of salon to receive treatments
• Answer incoming calls and make outbound calls to schedule and confirm appointments
• Help hair stylist with all tasks,
• Shampoo, apply color and chemical treatments and style client’s hair
• Blow dry and style hair after hair treatments have been successfully applied
• Ability to deal with varying client personalities
• Clean all work areas including sweeping floors, taking out the trash, wiping down hair styling and wash stations and sterilizing all styling tools after each use
• Wash and dry smocks, towels and other fabrics used
• Stock inventory items and fill out inventory reports
• Any other duties assigned by manager
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following without exception:
• Assistant must always maintain a professional appearance. This includes wearing flattering, trendy hairstyles.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Outgoing personality with strong people skills
• Knowledge of popular hairstyles
• Ability to multi-task
• Highly detail-oriented and self-motivated
• Reliable and efficient
• Ability to be flexible
• Perform routine salon functions
• Duties as otherwise assigned
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Posting expires on June 11th, 2021.
• Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
• Applications from agencies are not accepted