PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Indoor Environment Technician
Location of work: Markham
Job Description: The successful candidate will be part of Indoor Environments Team, and under the direction of a Team Leader and will be responsible to manage assessment and abatement monitoring projects, related to hazardous materials, mould, indoor air quality, industrial hygiene projects, including the review of technical reports. The individual must be capable of working independently.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Terms of Employment: Full time, Evening and weekend work will be required. Occasional travel may be required.
Number of positions: 1
Description of employer: One of the leading designing, engineering and consulting companies that handles a variety of projects to advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Understanding the application of occupational health and safety principles and regulations, especially as they relate to hazardous materials and industrial hygiene
• Planning and conducting site assessments for hazardous materials including (but not limited to asbestos, mould, lead, PCBs and mercury.
• Collecting samples pertaining to the above for accurate logging on chain of custody documents and submission to independent laboratories for analysis.
• Estimating quantities of hazardous materials for the purposes of abatement project planning.
• Conducting indoor air quality assessments and testing.
• Conducting industrial hygiene assessments and testing.
• Conducting site work associated with monitoring of hazardous materials abatement projects (e.g. asbestos, mould), including on-site supervision of contractors and collection of applicable air samples.
• Liaising with and directing contractors and coordinating field activities
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following:
• General knowledge of buildings and building construction, as well as testing/sampling protocols.
• Knowledge pertaining to occupational/industrial hygiene, occupational health & safety regulations and/or the hazardous materials abatement industry will be given preference.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including exceptional MS Office skills.
• Strong note-taking skill and attention to detail
• Ability to work on your own initiative as well as in a team environment is crucial.
• Post-secondary training, diploma or degree pertaining to environmental technology, building sciences, occupational/industrial hygiene or equivalent.
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in hazardous materials and indoor environment field.
• Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to email@example.com by June 8, 2021
• Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted
• Applications from agencies will not be accepted