PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Intermediate Project Manager
Location of work: Toronto, Markham, Whitby, Guelph, Waterloo
Job Description: The Project Manager will ensure the success of assigned projects through prudent management and oversight of all resources. The PM will need to apply superior client service skills and project management best practices to deliver projects that meet financial and other objectives while exceeding client expectations.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Terms of Employment: Full time.
Number of positions: Several
Description of employer: One of the leading designing, engineering and consulting companies that handles a variety of projects to advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Manage the approved scope, budget and schedule of projects.
• Provide day-to-day project oversight and communication with the client and project team.
• Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project.
• Review and track all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and vendors.
• Prepare reports for clients and other stakeholders.
• Able to understand contracts and can assist with the negotiation of contracts.
• Knows design and CA construction phases of project.
• Review and approve all invoices and change orders associated with the project.
• Evaluate, advise on, and assist in resolving disputes and claims.
• Act as an ambassador of the company in all interactions with clients, consultants, and peers.
• Identify strategies for catching up on lost time or avoiding potential delays and opportunities to accelerate the completion of the work.
• Prepare reports and updates.
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following:
• Detail-oriented, dependable, and able to perform well under the pressure of deadlines.
• Adapts to a dynamic project environment and able to manage multiple tasks over an extended period.
• Solid written communication skills.
• Speaks clearly and persuasively with exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Identifies open items and determines their impact on the critical path along with a proven ability to resolve same in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with internal clients, external clients, and subcontractors.
• Strong computer literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software.
• Experience with budget management in a package or custom software.
• Understanding of plans and specifications.
• General understanding of design and construction process and requirements.
• Strong leadership skills & the ability to move a team forward.
• A technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or a similar field would be an asset.
• Five years of related experience.
• A Project Management certification such as PMP or an equivalent designation would be an asset.
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Posting expires on July 5, 2021
• Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted
• Applications from agencies will not be accepted