PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Intern Interior Designer
Location of work: Toronto.
Job Description: The primary role of the Intern Interior Designer is to interpret and translate the needs and desires of a client as well as any architectural direction set forth into cohesive interior design solution. This process may involve production of drawings (2D/3D), and written material to support the conceptual direction of interior design and FFE.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Terms of Employment: Full time.
Number of positions: 1
Description of employer: One of the leading designing, engineering and consulting companies that handles a variety of projects to advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Conducts basic interpretations of sketches, drawings, codes, program and other similar material.
• Supports project team in the development of interior design documentation and presentation materials.
• Assists in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats
• Utilizes BIM technologies in the development of three dimensional models of buildings and their components.
• Assists in research of concept, benchmarks, materials, typology, and precedents.
• Assists in material and furniture selections, space planning and communication with product representatives.
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following:
• Good understanding of Revit and AutoCAD and the use of it as a design tool.
• Experience with the design software (Enscape, Sketch-up, Photoshop, and Illustrator, etc.) is preferred.
• Experience with design equipment (3D printer, laser cutter, etc.) is preferred.
• Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively. To participate and collaborate in project team setting. To engage in creative and critical thought. To interpret sketches, drawings, program and other similar material. To communicate abstract ideas (verbal/written/graphic).
• Basic understanding of lighting/fixtures.
• Basic understanding of client’s expectations of deliverables at different phases of projects including construction documents.
• Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite; prefer experience with Newforma.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Interior Design or related field. 0-2 years of experience. Intern ARIDO status is required.
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to email@example.com by Sept 21, 2021.
• Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
• Applications from agencies will not be accepted.