PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Junior CAD Designer – Land Development Technologist
Location of work: Markham
Job Description: The successful candidate will prepare preliminary and detailed grading & servicing design drawings to support planning and detailed design applications.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Terms of Employment: Full time.
Number of positions: 1
Description of employer: One of the leading designing, engineering and consulting companies that handles a variety of projects to advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Support Project Managers on various residential, industrial, commercial and institutional projects
• Prepare preliminary and detailed grading & servicing design drawings to support planning and detailed design applications
• Conduct earthwork quantity analysis and soil management processes (erosion and sediment control design)
• Prepare and compile complete submission packages, supporting calculations, cost estimates, project schedules, and other duties
• Utilize engineering software in the analysis of design related elements
• Prepare / assist with cost estimates and construction tender/contract documents
• Coordinate project designs and project materials with other disciplines, and possible work with other offices (possibly involving some travel)
• Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following:
• Comprehensive working knowledge and experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D; specifically: Alignments, Profiles and Corridors, Feature Line Grading and other grading objects, Pipe Networks and Pipe Design
• Familiarity with subdivision, site plan and/or municipal engineering design standards and specifications in the GTA
• Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
• Knowledge of the local agency requirements is an asset
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD Map and GIS is an asset
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel is an asset
• Self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and take pride in your work.
• 1-3 years’ experience in a design related role within a land development and/or construction environment is preferred
• A graduate of a College or University program, ideally in civil technology /civil engineering or related field
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to email@example.com by June 8, 2021
• Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted
• Applications from agencies will not be accepted