PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Junior / Intermediate Structural AutoCAD / Revit Technologist
Location of work: Toronto.
Job Description: The ideal candidate will have a principal understanding of building design concepts and structural systems in both steel and concrete structures. The ideal candidate will also be a self-starter and is expected to be able to work both independently on projects and as a member of an interdisciplinary design team.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Terms of Employment: Full time.
Number of positions: 1
Description of employer: One of the leading designing, engineering and consulting companies that handles a variety of projects to advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Set up new Revit Structure project files and maintain file structure for projects;
• Coordinate with other drafting team members both in and outside of the Toronto office;
• Convert redlines to document-ready work;
• Work with BIM managers and technical design staff to prepare drawing documentation;
• Skillfully work in Revit Structure on 3D projects; including maintaining multiple models, creating views, accurate object placement, and UCS manipulation;
• Create electronic data files in compliance with Company and client requirements;
• Create and understand custom blocks (families) using Revit software;
• Publish, post, and manage drawing sets;
• Maintain drawing revisions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following:
• Producing aspects of structural design, building layout, and drawings in AutoCAD and Revit;
• Revit Structures experience;
• Practical experience in reinforced concrete and steel structural detailing;
• Practical experience in wood and masonry structural detailing would be an asset;
• Good organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure;
• Able to self-check & correct work;
• Able to consistently produce high quality 2D drawings and 3D models;
• Compliance with CAD/BIM standards & Quality Assurance;
• A good understanding of Building Information Modeling;
• Ability to conceptualize and design practical solutions;
• Ability to work within a team, sharing workloads to meet project deadlines;
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges;
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with a “team player” approach in completing deliverables;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Certificate or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution, with a minimum of 1 to 2 years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the architectural/ engineering/ contractor industry.
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to email@example.com by Sept 21, 2021.
• Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
• Applications from agencies will not be accepted.