PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Mechanical Engineer
Location of work: Toronto.
Job Description: As a Mechanical Engineer you will work with general supervision and direction on average sized projects and as a team member of larger projects across a wide variety of sectors under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. You will participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification for engineered systems or products for a project verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards / practices.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Terms of Employment: Full time.
Number of positions: 1
Description of employer: One of the leading designing, engineering and consulting companies that handles a variety of projects to advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Evaluates, selects, specifies, and engineers all mechanical engineered systems or products for a project and assuring work is reviewed for overall technical accuracy
• Engages in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
• Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three dimensional models of building’s mechanical systems and provides markups for junior engineers/ designers.
• Prepares and revises documentation in various mechanical phases including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
• Leads project coordination meetings with internal multi-disciplinary team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
• Participates in client project requirement meetings and value analysis and basic cost estimating.
• Assists upper level staff with developing and managing the project scope, budget, staffing and schedule.
• Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
• Performs and oversees the performance of calculations using company standard software, and proprietary manufacturer software.
• Utilizes advanced techniques for the analysis of specialized building mechanical elements.
• Participates in constructability review.
• Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects.
• Assists in the development of new standards and specifications for the mechanical group.
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following:
• Requisite knowledge and application of the mechanical and/or plumbing codes, energy codes, ASHRAE standards, and other building codes.
• General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
• Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
• Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
• Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
• Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others. Advanced oral and written communication skills.
• Presentation and interview skills are preferred.
• Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with Newforma, Trane Trace & eQuest
• Experience in healthcare and commercial projects is a benefit.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 5-6 years of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred
• Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to email@example.com by Sept 21, 2021.
• Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
• Applications from agencies will not be accepted.