PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Planner / Scheduler
Location of work: Toronto, Markham, Whitby, Guelph, Mississauga
Job Description: The successful candidate will need to have a background in scheduling of large infrastructure programs, preferably in mass transit systems. The successful candidate should possess a minimum of six years’ experience in a planning/scheduling capacity and proficiency in Primavera P6 planning software. Microsoft Office skills are essential. This is a key position requiring excellent communication skills and a willingness to work as part of a team to successfully deliver major capital projects.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Terms of Employment: Full time.
Number of positions: Several
Description of employer: One of the leading designing, engineering and consulting companies that handles a variety of projects to advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Serve as the owner of the project schedule and coordinate all inputs, reviews and updates required for a functional schedule.
• Participate as member of a project team and communicate schedule-related issues and opportunities but also be able to work independently and with minimal direction.
• Prepare the project schedule in Primavera P6 including; Sequence and duration of all activities relating to the completion of the project including engineering, procurement, and construction, logic and floats for all activities, denoting key milestones and Resource loading.
• Ensure that the construction schedule is updated regularly with progress achieved and make changes to the sequence and duration of activities where appropriate.
• Review vendor, sub-consultant and contractor schedule submittals and incorporate into the project schedule.
• Identify the project critical path and communicate it to the project team and stakeholders.
• Identify divergences from the project plan as established in the baseline schedule to the project team.
• Identify, throughout the course of the project, activities which are behind progress, any foreseen delays to future activities and the likely effect on the schedule of any actual or foreseen delay.
• Identify strategies for catching up on lost time or avoiding potential delays and opportunities to accelerate the completion of the work.
• Prepare reports and updates.
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following:
• Solid level of proficiency and knowledge of scheduling software (Primavera P6 and MS Project).
• Experience with large capital infrastructure projects, preferably in mass transit systems.
• Technical knowledge of scheduling practices.
• Familiarity with engineering design, and construction practice.
• Ability to validate scheduling status with project team members and related stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, perform, review, and present status updates of scheduling projects.
• Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of applicable standards and procedures.
• Ability to perform quality assurance.
• Ability to make timely decisions.
• Positive attitude with strong relationship building skills.
• Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Six years or more years of experience in a scheduling role. Construction experience is an asset.
• PMP Designation is preferable.
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Posting expires on July 5, 2021
• Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted
• Applications from agencies will not be accepted