PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Software Developer
Location of work: Markham
Job Description: The successful candidate will document the types and structure of the data as well as mapping and tracing data from system to system to solve a given business or system problem. Manage data integration from different sources into the database and apply QC/QA processes.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Terms of Employment: Full time.
Number of positions: 1
Description of employer: One of the leading designing, engineering and consulting companies that handles a variety of projects to advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Documenting the types and structure of the data as well as mapping and tracing data from system to system to solve a given business or system problem. Manage data integration from different sources into the database and apply QC/QA processes.
• Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
• Write well-designed, testable code.
• Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
• Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
• Work with team to develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
• Document and maintain software functionality.
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
• Interact with business stakeholders, end user, peers, help desk, and management personnel to resolve issues.
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following:
• Comprehensive working knowledge and experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D; specifically: Alignments, Profiles and Corridors, Feature Line Grading and other grading objects, Pipe Networks and Pipe Design
• Familiarity with subdivision, site plan and/or municipal engineering design standards and specifications in the GTA
• Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
• Knowledge of the local agency requirements is an asset
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD Map and GIS is an asset
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel is an asset
• Self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and take pride in your work.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 2-4 years of related work experience
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Development experience with MS SQL Server and T-SQL.
• Experience of C# .NET Framework 3.5 or higher
• Some experience in Agile methodologies and practices
• Experience with Python, Angular 2 , .NET Core, and Docker is preferred
• Automated end-to-end test experience with Cypress , Protractor or Selenium is highly valued.
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 8, 2021
• Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted
• Applications from agencies will not be accepted