PCPI is a career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to support job seekers with job search resources and connection to employment opportunities. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Software Engineer (Backend NodeJS, Mongo DB)
Location of work: Markham, ON
This role is open to those who are passionate about solving customer problems. You will be responsible for bridging the gap between sales/customer support and engineering and deliver solutions that meaningfully impact the customers. This is a high growth opportunity with equity and stock options available for the right candidates in the future.
Compensation: $50K- $80K per year plus benefits
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent, Work remotely.
Number of positions: 1
Employment Conditions: Indoors/ Office environment
Description of employer: One of the leading digital media companies offering services in email marketing, video marketing, content design and SEO.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Create complete end-to-end applications using NodeJS, TypeScript, MongoDB and React
• Build large scale REST API’s serving over 1 million requests a month
• Help bridge the gap between the sales and engineering teams
• Engage with other engineers to identify root problems and create fixes
• Build internal administration tooling to streamline user management, onboarding, reviews and other internal operations
• Provide input to product design and help optimize UX flows for our customers
• Work closely with customers and identity, debug and help fix their issues
• Participate in agile project planning
• Work with product management to plan features and estimate their complexity
• Manage a portfolio of key clients
• Identify attrition risks and develop custom retention plans
• Be a voice for accounts internally and other team members to understand product concerns, shortcomings, and missing features that are retention risks.
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following:
• Have a minimum of 2+ years experience in a full stack engineering or developer position, preferably in the tech / startup universe.
• Have strong knowledge of REST API services and how they are designed
• Have experience working with and creating REST API documentation
• Have strong written and communication skills, with the ability to explain complicated technical systems in a way that non-technical people can understand
• Are perpetually curious and always learning – whether about the latest languages, frameworks, best practices or the tech industry in general
• Rise to a challenge and can handle change and uncertainty, at times
• Are a team-player – our team is small and mighty, and we collaborate constantly – we want someone who is always willing to pitch in and isn’t afraid to ask for help
• Are a self-starter, a problem-solver, and a creative thinker
• REST API: 2 years (preferred)
• MongoDB: 2 years (preferred)
How to Apply:
The employer will interview the applicants for this position during our virtual job fair scheduled for Nov 25, 2021.
Please click on the following link for job fair registration and upload your resume: