PCPI is a training, career and workforce development organization that receives funding from the Government to provide employment support to job seekers including connections with employers. Through this initiative, PCPI is working with an employer who is seeking:
Name of Position: Warehouse Assistant
Location of work: Markham
Job Description: As the Warehouse Assistant you will provide best in class logistical support including shipping, receiving, cost control and warehouse layout efficiency.
Compensation: $35,000.00 to $39,000.00
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of Employment: Full time permanent position
Other Perks: Dog-friendly work environment, monthly wellness benefit, paid birthday day off, group health benefits, paid sick days for full-time employees, reimbursement of eligible tuition/education fees, internal job posting program with employee referral bonus.
Number of positions: 1
Employment Conditions: Indoors with rarely having medium noise levels.
Description of employer A Canadian organization which is an international award winning, innovative, and reliable supplier of promotional products, incentive programs, print, POP, fulfillment, and e-store solutions. We provide promotional solutions for industry leading, progressive brand-oriented companies providing measurable results against strategic sales, marketing, and HR objectives. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed.
Responsibilities: This includes the followings but not limited to:
• Shipping/receiving goods to/from the warehouse
• Providing quotes and rates for shipping and warehouse items
• Picking & packing orders
• Operate a 4-head embroidery machine (training will be provided)
• Ensuring quality control by reviewing orders picked/packed by other staff
• Arranging trucking or transportation of product
• Maintaining a safe and efficient warehouse
• Assisting in maintaining inventory control
• Assisting in maintaining cost control on all inbound and outbound shipments
• Internal QA review upon receipt of shipment
• Notifying production staff of any picking and/or shipment issues in a timely manner
• Organizing and shelve stock as it arrives to ensure it is easily identifiable to operations and fulfillment staff
• Assisting in maintaining inventory of warehouse supplies such as boxes, tape, polybags within cost/budget constraints
• Ensuring all documentation related to customs clearance/shipping for merchandise and cargo is legible, complete, accurate and protected from unauthorized changes, data loss or introduction of incorrect information
• Customer/courier liaison for shipments
• Warehouse upkeep
• Lift truck operator (we will provide training and certification for our model)
• Keeping an up-to-date shipping/receiving log
• Any other duties assigned by manager
JOB REQUIREMENTS – All applicants must meet the following without exception:
• Secondary School Diploma;
• 1 year of related work experience preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Works well in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to multi-task managing many projects with accuracy, each with critical timelines in a fast-paced environment
• MS outlook, word, excel, and internet skills
• Comfort learning and using technology and shipping & inventory software
How to Apply:
• Please email your resume to email@example.com by April 30th, 2021.
• Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
• Applications from agencies are not accepted.