PCPI is a not for profit organization that provides career development and employment related services to a diverse population to reach their full potential. The organization is also the proud creator and presenter of the IEP Conference, a unique forum for internationally educated professionals. Our organization’s success in delivering quality service is based on a business-like approach, supported by knowledgeable caring staff, user-friendly resources, and innovative programming.
We are seeking an adaptable and dynamic individual who share our passion to deliver excellent client-focused service working with a diverse client group. We are looking to hire a Social Worker to work within our employment pathway program with a focus on youth mental health and well-being.
The position of Social Worker is accountable for assessing and providing psychosocial support to youth and unemployed individuals who are experiencing social and mental challenges and are in need of short –term intervention to help them get back on their feet. The individual will work with clients using a variety of therapy methods that are short-term (supportive, crisis counselling and brief solution-focused) to promote crisis stabilization and coping mechanism in order to function at an optimal level.
The incumbent will work collaboratively with our managers across employment and settlement projects and acts as a resource expert to the team.
Working as part of a team, the incumbent will promote the organization and ensure that services are in accordance with PCPI projects’ agreements for service delivery.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Develops and facilitate workshops on mental and social wellbeing and coping mechanisms
• Completes a psycho-social assessment and provide therapies using a variety of psychotherapeutic modalities that are short term (supportive, crisis counselling and brief solution-focused) to promote crisis stabilization and a return to an optimum level of functioning.
• Liaises with government, community agencies serving youth and unemployed to bridge services to the needs of this population. •
• Provides case management and evaluate progress of client and provides ongoing support.
• Assists with evaluating the program delivery and makes recommendations
• Coordinates group activities both online and in person for youth, such as youth leadership and civic engagement activities, intergenerational activities, cultural celebrations, recreational activities and orientation/information sessions in order to help youth develop social skills and stay connected
• Provides referral to educational institutions, recreational programs, volunteer programs and employment opportunities once clients are functioning at an optimal level
• Works with team to develop strategies for connecting with clients who are experiencing mental and social challenges and provide them with support and crisis counselling
• Identifies new client referral sources and conducts follow up to establish rapport and assess their needs
• Maintains current knowledge of Government program guidelines and funding regulations
• Develops and presents seminars to promote the organization services, and to address mental health strategies for job seekers, tips for coping with stress etc.
• Works as part of a team to develop a communication plan to disseminate information/resources across the organization teams.
• Develops a network of mentors to provide mentoring support for participants during and after employment/placement
• Maintains accurate and timely casefile documentation in internal systems (e.g. case files, databases,) and manage monitoring process through follow-ups, surveys and outcomes
• Other general duties as required
Summary of requirements and qualification
• MSW obtained from an accredited School of Social Work.
• Two years’ experience working with youth and unemployed individuals in a NPO environment
• Recent experience working with youth Community Agencies/ Resources.
• Experience with specific individual/ group therapy skills (e.g Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Brief Solution Focused Therapy) is an asset.
• Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention, individual and / brief solution focused psychotherapy
• Knowledge and experience with different models of assessment and treatment for youth experiencing mental health issues etc.
• Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast paced/changing environment.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act.
• Ability to respond rapidly and decisively to crisis situations.
• Demonstrates cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Knowledge of a second language an asset
• Demonstrated experience in developing and presenting seminars and/or workshops
• Demonstrated organizational, planning and time management skills is a must
• Experience working with diverse client groups
• Strong communication skills – oral and written
• Knowledge of community resources
• Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as necessary
• Strong work ethics that complement the organization’s business standards
• Experience working with MS Windows environment and database and Excel spreadsheet
If this sounds like an opportunity for you to apply your education, skills and experience to this position and to an organization that is progressive with growth opportunity, then we want to hear from you.
PCPI offers a competitive benefits package.
Please submit your interest in a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, by September 10, 2021.
All responses to this job posting must be submitted by email, no telephone enquiries please.
In keeping with our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we encourage qualified applicants from all race, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those whose education, skills and experience match with the required qualification and requirements will be invited for an interview.