TENS is a PCPI project funded by the Federal Government through the Settlement and Resettlement Assistance Programs
TORONTO-EAST NEWCOMER SERVICES (TENS)
IS A PCPI SETTLEMENT INITIATIVE
The Toronto-East Newcomer Services (TENS) program offers newcomer adults, youth, women and families a range of settlement and integration programs and services to help speed up their settlement and find a job in Canada.
As a newcomer, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills and learn about Canadian Workplace Culture among others. Services are available to newcomers who meet these criteria:.
• 17 years and over;
• Landed Immigrant with a valid PR Card
• Convention Refugee
Service Offerings include:
Orientation to Canada and Settlement Services:
• A Resource Centre with access to computers, printers, telephones, free Internet, and settlement resources.
• Settlement and integration supports to newcomer adults, youth, women and families and include extensive and valuable information about settling in Canada,
• One-on-one settlement assistance to ensure that your personal settlement needs are met such as finding affordable housing, information about schools, the health care system, legal, citizenship and others.
• Group and individual sessions are also offered and include:
• Orientation to Canada
• Citizenship preparation classes
• language instruction for the workplace
• integrating into the educational system
• job search help (resume writing, interview preparation
• mentorship and placement
• Computer literacy
• Referrals to other services such as legal aid, social services, finance & budgeting, tenants’ rights, health, and skills upgrading
• Foreign nationals in Canada could qualify to become permanent residents faster, through the new Temporary resident to permanent resident pathway. Click here to download the flyer. Click here for the French version.
A self-employment program with the opportunity to learn how to start your own business, register your business and business start-up
CULINARY PROGRAM FOR WOMEN
Hands-on experience in Canadian and ethnic cooking through a 12-week culinary program that also enables meeting, networking and socializing with peers in your community.
Check out the TENS program calendar for further details. To book an appointment with a Settlement Worker, or to attend any of our workshops please apply:
On-line at https://www.pcpi.ca/event-calendar/
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call us at 416 266 1913
ENHANCED LANGUAGE TRAINING (ELT)
The TENS program also offers an Enhanced Language Training that is designed to assist internationally-trained newcomers improve their business English for the workplace and gain beneficial Canadian experience. This 14-week program includes 8-weeks of instructor-led in-class/on-line language instruction and the opportunity to be placed in a 6-week work placement.
Classes are delivered by certified industry professionals and offer the opportunity to network, learn about the Canadian Workplace culture, improve employability skills and use tools, resources and equipment to facilitate learning.
Classes are held from 9 a.m. –3.00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The program is followed by job development support to help participants with job search and interview preparation.
• You are a Permanent Resident or Convention Refugee
• You have a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 6
• You have international experience, education or training in a selected program/ sector
• You are committed to a full-time 14-week program to find employment
You must also be Pre-screened by our Settlement Worker for suitability.
Documents for Registration:
• PR card / landing document / Convention Refugee document (notice of decision)
• Language assessment document showing CLB score
Training starts on May 31, 2021.
So hurry and register Here as seats are limited.
INCOME MAINTENANCE WEBINAR
Date: November 18th, 2020 |TIME: 2:00pm-3:30 pm
Do you want to know more about how the benefits during COVID 19 applies to you and your family?
If you answered YES to the above,
Please join us for this webinar to gain an understanding of the benefits you and your family may be eligible for during COVID-19.