The New Pathway Program is a PCPI project funded by the Employment and Social Development Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy Initiative
We are excited to inform you about our newest initiative, the New Pathway Program launched in October 2020 and funded by Employment and Social Development Canada under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy Initiative. https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/funding/youth-employment-strategy.html
The Youth Employment and Skills Strategy (YESS) is the Government of Canada’s commitment to help young people, particularly those facing barriers to employment, get the information and gain the skills, work experience and abilities they need to make a successful transition into the labour market. PCPI is pleased to have the opportunity to work with the government to carry out the activities of this program and to engage the business community in supporting our young adults to become productive members of our society and contribute to the growth of our economy.
Participants to this FREE program will benefit from:
• 4 weeks of paid in-class soft-skills training, one-on-one coaching and supports
• Referrals to community agencies for services such as housing, childcare and mental health support
• Special needs financial support and transportation for workshop and individual participation appointments
• 12 weeks of paid, quality work experience upon completion of in-class training
• A bonus for completing the full 16 weeks of participation in the program
Are you eligible? Call or email us and register for a virtual information session to find out!
If you are an employer interested in hiring one or more of our talented participants, please download our Employer Welcome Letter that explains more about PCPI and our program, or call 416-439-8448, to speak with a representative from our program.